About Gregory Commercial Furniture
A proudly Australian owned company providing Commercial Furniture Solutions. Gregory Commercial Furniture specialises in original and unique ergonomic seat technologies.
At Gregory Commercial Furniture we consider the intricate harmony of the human body to be critical. We strive to preserve this balance, aiming to prevent the damage resulting from sitting incorrectly for long periods of time. To this end we are guided by a philosophy of body centred design.
Our approach does not simply finish with a chair adapted to support your frame. We employ a holistic philosophy to design, extending ergonomics to encompass your entire well-being.
Our first chair was developed in 1988 by physiotherapist and company founder, Peter Gregory, to address the largest cause of occupational back pain in Australian office workers - the office chair. His knowledge of the anatomical reasons for chronic back pain and his precise observations of correct seating posture, lead to the development of the original award winning Dual Density Posture Support System. This award winning design is at the very core of all Gregory chairs.
In 2002 we acquired Pluto encompassing Atlas Healthcare.
In 2007 we acquired Damba Furniture, making Gregory one of the largest commercial seating manufacturers in the Asia-Pacific.
At Gregory we understand that one chair does not fit everybody, which is why Gregory has put a lot of time and effort in finding the best possible seat technologies and offering them to you on a varitey of chairs. Along with our orignal award winning Dual Density Posture Support System, we also exclusively offer Column Technology. This range of solutions allows you to choose the technology that fits best for your body.
Gregory Commercial Furniture Pty Limited operates from a 4,400 square metre purpose built facility located at Eastern Creek in western Sydney, New South Wales. Gregory operates nationally through a network of distributors and service agents and its own dedicated sales force across Australia.
We have grown to become one of the largest manufacturers of office chairs in Australia made predominantly from Australian sourced components. Our clients are amongst the greatest icons of Australian and NZ commerce and government bodies including the NRMA, WESTPAC, AMP, Universities,and other leading Australia and NZ Government departments. In April 1999 the company was listed on the ASX and continues to be active in preparing for continued growth.
Supported by top 100 companies and government departments, it’s hard to go past an original Gregory chair.
Gregory Australia Limited aims to be the leader in innovative ergonomic design, standards and high quality manufacturing processes, to produce a comprehensive range of seating, workstations, tables and health care equipment that offer the highest quality ergonomic solutions for our customers by:
- Reducing occupational health and safety risks,
- Increasing staff productivity,
- Incorporating modern office design and finishes,
- Offering comprehensive product warranties, and
- Delivering great customer service.
To be recognised, by our direct business and distribution partners in Australia and selected overseas markets, as the leaders in quality ergonomic furniture and equipment in each of our product and service areas.
By developing new products, increasing our brand recognition, expanding our market share and selectively acquiring profitable, synergistic businesses we will ensure significant growth and the satisfaction of our clients, shareholders and staff.
We want to ensure that we always act honestly and ethically in our business practices and to be conscious of our responsibilities to the environment and communities in which we operate.
Achieve Customer Satisfaction, loyalty and retention by:
- Identifying key customer requirements
- Establishing customer listening and learning procedures
- Continual assessment and improving customer contact
- Enabling transparent customer complaint management
- Measuring customer satisfaction and dissatisfaction
- Aligning our management systems to attract and retain loyal customers.
Value and empower staff by creating a high performance, focused workforce, aligned to achieving our company’s goals with a flat, flexible and fast moving organisation through:
- Demonstrating the link between employee satisfaction and customer satisfaction
- Promoting cooperation, collaboration, innovation and flexibility
- Sharing knowledge and information across work units
- Aligning compensation, recognition and rewards with the company’s goal & plans
- Addressing key health, safety and ergonomic issues
- Encouraging individual initiative and responsibility
- Improving employee well-being and satisfaction
Systematic & continual improvement of processes will enhance performance by:
- Applying a step by step process improvement approach through complying with ISO9001:2008, establishing world class production/delivery processes
- Identifying our core business processes that add customer value and outsource the rest
- Translating customer requirements into product and service designs
- Reducing production cycle times and the cost of poor quality
- Managing critical business processes including supply chain management, research and development, and knowledge management
- Benchmarking to inspire continuous improvements
Create an effective information system based on facts and which measures our performance by:
- Developing a balanced scorecard based on agreed KPI measures
- Communicating performance on key measures to those who can use the information to improve
- Understanding the cause and effect relationship of key measures
- Aligning measures and analysis with goals and strategies